Welcome to the userver project
The goal of the userver project is to implement a relatively simple
micro web server (userver) that is designed for
conducting performance experiments related to Internet server
and operating system design and implementation.
The server implementation is controlled by a large number of
command line options.
Sorry we aren't very good at keeping this page up to date.
January 30, 2011
Now includes some support for SSL.
January 12, 2011
We have now made available a new version of the userver (Sept, 2010)
and the source code for the WatPipe web server (Sept, 2010)
These servers include quite a lot of the modifications that were
made over the years since the Eurosys 2007 paper and in particular
during work on Ashif Harji's Ph.D. thesis and Gary Yeung's
Follow the download link to the source code where
you can view the CHANGELOG for
for detailed information regarding changes
in each version.
- 30 Januyary 2011 - userver-0.8.0 released (includes some SSL support).
- 8 September 2010 - WatPipe-2.0 released (includes Eurosys 2007 code + multiprocessor additions from Ashif Harji's Thesis).
- 4 September 2010 - userver-0.7.0 released (includes some, but not all mods from Gary Yeung's Thesis).
- 11 June 2007 - userver-0.6.0 released (expanded FCGI support).
- 19 October 2004 - userver-0.5.0 released (contains simple FCGI support).
- 17 August 2004 - userver-0.4.7 released.
- 20 June 2004 - userver-0.4.6 released.
- 5 May 2004 - userver-0.4.5 released.
- 5 April 2004 - userver-0.4.4 released.
- 27 January 2004: Version 0.4.3 released.
- 21 January 2004: Version 0.4.2 released.
- 30 December 2003: Version 0.4.1 released (fixed epoll support for 2.6.0 kernel).
- 18 November 2003: Version 0.4.0 released.
- 9 October 2003: Version 0.3.3 released.
- 3 October 2003: Version 0.3.2 is available.
- 8 September 2003: Version 0.3.1 released.
- 1 August 2003: Version 0.3.0 released.